So as I round-up my posts for this year I thought rather than have any beauty posts which not to worry I will be compiling my best of 2016 to share with you in the New Year I more wanted to focus on the things I love doing around this time of year.
I adore this time of year, I am not talking the crazy shopping, crowds and grumpy people. I am talking the traditions I created for myself and the ones my family have. I just really love it so thought I would explain some of the things I enjoy new and old.
- From the 1st December till probably Boxing Day I will pretty much only listen to Christmas music, either on the radio/car or spotify;
- From 1st December I will only drink Christmas Tea from Whittard even ever I would normally have normal tree;
- When I am not listening to Christmas music I am listening to Christmas Audiobooks when I drive – I loved Matthew Haig’s The Boy Who Saved Christmas;
- This week (the week of Christmas) I try to keep it mostly free and sit down with some mulled wine and watch some of my favourite Christmas films – Arthur Christmas, Scrooge, Elf, The Polar Express, Love Actually, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Christmas Card, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Snowman and It’s A Wonderful Life. Not all in one go I may add but I tried to view them in the month of December to just make me all Christmassy;
- Visit the Christmas markets, the tastes and smells around the Christmas markets are just amazing and it never fails to get me in the spirit. I am super lucky to live in Edinburgh which I my opinion has the best Christmas markets and it’s just on my door step;
- Have candles on, there is something about candle light and this time of year that really makes everything look more special so at night-time I sit with just my Christmas tree lights and candles on – perfect.
- Family time whether its watching a film, having our Christmas meal, playing board games or just talking around the fire its the best time of year for making memories.
So these are some of the things I will be up to this Christmas – how about you?
Posted by Poppytails.x